Key Account Manager
Key Account Manager | Agencies
£35-40k + 15% bonus + excellent benefits
We are proud to be recruiting for a world-leading publication, established in 1956, and renowned internationally as an essential source of news, developments and opportunities within its industry. With a global readership of almost 1 million, this title is a key contributor to the success of our client, part of a major international FTSE-100 company with market leading positions in many sectors.
They are now looking for an experienced and ambitious Key Account Manager to manage one of their key client bases, selling print and online solutions to advertising agencies across an exciting portfolio of products.
The successful candidate will currently be in a face-to-face sales role and have extensive experience of selling advertising for both print and digital media. As well as being an experienced sales professional, applicants should be ambitious, hardworking, professional, a team player and looking for their next challenge with a global brand. This is a client-facing sales role and the right candidate will need to be able to demonstrate strong account management skills as well as a desire and hunger to win new business.
• Maximise client revenue from an agency patch consisting of London's most important West End agencies.
• Consistently generate new business possibilities from these agencies.
• Approach clients with tactical or special project selling propositions.
• Develop coherent sales strategies to ensure all areas of the business, both display and inserts, are being maximised.
• Support mechanism for day to day running of magazine when the Sales Manager is absent.
• Consistently meet a minimum level of 8 appointments a week at agency or client level.
Skills & Experience required:
• Experience selling to West End agencies, ideally in current role
• Experience of selling online and print advertising
• Thorough knowledge of the various planning and buying points a magazine can have influence over
• Strong relationships at all levels within the West end agency London scene.
• An understanding of the consumer magazine marketplace.
• Outstanding negotiation skills both over the phone and face to face.
• A flair for creative solutions selling and problem solving.
• Excellent account management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Proven presentation skills to individuals and groups
• A positive 'can do' approach, a team player that can motivate through successes and lead by example.
• Understanding of online propositions would be beneficial.